Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Matt Locke looking tough on "Design Star"


Last week, I wrote about Springs native Matt Locke trying his hand on HGTV's "Design Star." In the premiere, which aired Sunday, but I didn't catch until last night, Locke blew away the other contestants with his display board. I can't really describe it, other than it was really, really cool and professional.

The devil's in the details, though. The first challenge for the designers is to build their own house on a lake shore in Nashville. In a week. Entertaining, but weird. Locke built his own house in Palmer Lake, but, as he said in the episode, "I built my own house, but it took me eight years."

Also, Locke said he wears a respirator when he's working with power tools because of allergies. That's not going to help his presentation skills.

So we shall see.

Also, Springs native Shane Lyons is still hanging tough on "Next Food Network Star." And, last I checked, still serving up the good stuff at the Blue Star. I was a little concerned for him, since he cried in the opening episode and had the judges talking about how young he is (he's 20), but he's light years ahead of some of his competition in presentation skills.

5 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, June 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too caught the first episode of DS3. Matt did blow the others out of the water but with class. He comes off as a nice guy who anyone can get to know. I will keep an eye on him next week.

 
At 1:21 PM, July 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt is a very good friend of mine and it has been AMAZING to see him on DS3. His ideas are amazing, and unlike some of the other contestants, he KNOWS when he has made a bad decision or design choice. I, as well as my family and all of his friends, are keeping our fingers crossed! GO MATT!!

 
At 11:51 PM, July 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt is a very good looking man.Is he Gay?

 
At 8:32 PM, July 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He really blew me away with his ability of design/concept through this entire show and I can't wait to see something he'd show us with brilliant design ideas next time!
AND YEAH, I think he is a good-looking guy...I hope he is straight :) By the way, is he single? I didn't hear or see anything about his wife or partner. If is so, give me a chance to see you Matt! Your smile makes my heart melting :)
GO MATT!!! Numerous of your fans and me got your back!

 
At 9:33 PM, July 28, 2008, Blogger LennyA said...

Matt is one of the finest people you will ever meet. His Mom is my realtor in The Springs and she actually bought and sold 3 homes for me up there. To tell you what kind of guy Matt is, his Mom had just closed on a home for me and I had flown in really late from Phoenix and Matt helped me move into that new home at 130 in the morning. Not only is he extremely intelligent and talented, he is a great all around person. That warm personality you see on screen is the way he is all the time. I'm so happy for him and all of us who worked with him in Colorado are proud of him. His Mom is just so wonderful, too. He deserves everything good that comes his way.
Lenny Avalos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home