Monday, September 22, 2008

There's good stretching and then there's this


Don't try this at home. The New York Times attempts to analogize the "Heroes" season premiere to the current fiscal crisis.
I think "Heroes" season 2 was really a prescient examination of the likely reemergence of Sino-Russian power in a post-Communist world economy where producing states are in perpetual conflict with regional powers whose economies are based on resource extraction.
Discuss.
UPDATE: Can't believe I blew two hours watching that "Heroes" premiere. It's amazing how something so dumb can be so compelling. This year, I'm breaking the habit, though. I swear.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, September 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of like getting sucked into 'Lost.' Every year I say that's it but I keep coming back for more. I thought the 'Heroes' premiere was ok but also thought it tried to cover too much territory for a premiere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home