Friday, February 03, 2006

Chappelle on Oprah

I kinda knew the Dave Chappelle interview on Oprah wouldn't live up to the hype, but still...

He blamed the whole Comedy Central fiasco on stress? What's up with that? I'd think $50 million might buy a little stress relief. He should have made up something interesting. I dunno... nuclear hemorrhoids or something.

Plus, it was a pretty boring interview. "The whole media is dumping on me." "With great power comes great responsibility." "I do want to make my show again, provided I can make the proper work environment." "I'd like to give my half of the DVD revenue to the people." "I don't want the money. I just want to have fun again." The big laugh was "Who goes to Africa for medical care?" Um, Africans?

I'd rather have watched an hour of "Chappelle's Show" reruns.

Bottom line: He might finish the season, but don't hold your breath.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, February 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

notice the tone of shows on Thursday.
Too bad it was a boring show.
I hope he means what he says

 

Post a Comment

<< Home