Saturday, January 28, 2006

I am in HEAVEN

It's 6 p.m. Saturday and I just discovered "Top Gear" is on the Science Channel.

"Top Gear" is a long-running British car show, but that hardly begins to explain its charm. My wife will watch this show with me. It's that good. The Discovery Channel picked up some recent British reruns last summer and recut them into an American version. But after a couple months, "Top Gear" disappeared without a trace. I was heartbroken. But now, it's back, baby.

If you like cars, or even if you just like British guys who like to destroy motorhomes and make fun of Fords, this show is for you.

By way of example, in tonight's episode, one of the lads rented a Volkswagen Golf and took it to a power substation, where they repeatedly struck it with vast bolts of simulated lightning to demonstrate how cars protect their occupants from these sorts of things. Then they returned it. Better to watch than explain, but still....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home