Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More TV book

We're up to about 300 complaints about the new TV magazine and I'm beginning to get the sense that people don't like change.

Look, I know we're making people learn a different system, but you're getting more listings and more channels for your trouble.

It's a compromise. Because of on-screen guides, fewer and fewer people use printed TV listings. Printing the old, smaller TV magazine cost The Gazette extra, because we couldn't print it on the regular press.

If you're looking for primetime listings, the new section is flat out better, easier and faster. For afternoon listings, it's a little more complicated, but the information is still there (toward the back on page 22). So give it a chance.

We're still tweaking the design and trying to improve the new format, so if there's information or features that you'd like to see, please let us know.

8 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you getting defensive in this post Andy?

 
At 10:31 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

Totally. A little tired of answering the phone. It wasn't my idea and I don't get any of the money we're saving. But also, I grew up with this size of TV book and I was pretty annoyed when my hometown paper switched to a smaller size. Change is irritating.

 
At 3:08 PM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My routine was to throw the old version out on the Sunday I received it with the rest of the paper so this new format is just as easy to throw out. No impact here but thanks for asking. :-)

 
At 3:16 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

Super.

 
At 12:25 AM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is this a REALLY stupid thing for people to get upset about? I've got to say, the size of my tv book doesn't even register on my list of priorities. This entire thing is just weird.

 
At 2:39 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't care what size it is, but why won't the Gazette print the HBO schedules?

 
At 2:52 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

We're bringing the HBO schedules back, along with a few other modifications. I'm hoping we can massage the new format into something people are comfortable with, even if they still hate the size.

 
At 9:00 PM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New TV guide--- Still BAD,BAD, &
worse.
Just fess up and say you have
no say in this matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home