Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend update

I went to Clear Channel GM Bob Gourley's retirement party on Friday (had a story in biz on Friday, too).

I know most people don't care too much who's running the show as long as they get the music they want, but Gourley was something of an institution aftear a dozen years at KKCS and a half-dozen more at Clear Channel (KVUU, KCCY, KKLI and KIBT). I think he was the first local media guy I met after I took the job here.

The party was pretty interesting, too, a who's who of local TV and radio people. Didn't see anyone from Citadel, Clear Channel's big competitor, though.

Tomorrow's TV Talk will be an update on KOAA's progress toward broadcasting in high definition. Short version: June. Slightly longer: More delays, antenna and electrical work push the date to June. Longer yet: Read the paper.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't mind if they never get it! Who wants to see Rob Quirk that close and personal anyway? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home