Sunday, September 17, 2006

TV thoughts

Midway through a long, NFL-fueled Sunday, I've got a couple thoughts floating around:

- That Peyton Manning Sprint commercial, with the moustache? Funny. Jake Plummer, same moustache? Not as funny.

- 1080i on CBS-HD looks better than 720p on Fox. Maybe it's just my TV, but I'm noticing the difference more today than I ever did before. 1080 does have more motion artifacts, but the clarity makes up for it. Makes me wonder what 1080p would look like (not that my TV can show that or that anyone broadcasts in it).

- Judging by the number of promos CBS is running, the network expects "Shark" to be their hit new show, while my favorite, "Smith," is doomed. Only seen two promos for that one. And CBS is really, really excited about "Two and a Half Men" and "CSI: Miami." Don't ask me why.

- Andy Reid needs to kick some behind down in Philadelphia.

- Fox's studio crew is way better than CBS'. No offense against Shannon Sharpe, but it's true year after year.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, September 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you on everything you wrote but I'm sick of payton manning is the commercial spokesman for the NFL. He seem to be way too many commercials or is it my imagination - sprint, nfl merchanidse etc…. I like the guy but just play football, please.

 
At 11:30 AM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Manning commercial is GREAT. Love it. If you don't like it, there's a very simple solution. Turn the friggin channel. Whining like a little girl won't change anything.

 
At 3:28 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best solution: Don't buy the product & let the advertiser know.

 
At 6:43 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not whining. All I'm saying is too much of anything isn't good. Until he can prove he can win the SB, he just another Dan Marino. Great passer but can't win the big one.

 
At 2:07 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fox's (and ESPN's) 720p looks much better on my set (Hitachi RP CRT). The artifacts kill me. Plus, we're really only getting "HD-lite" from KKTV now, aren't we? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home