Thursday, March 01, 2007

Still lost?


Last night's Hurley-centric episode was cute and pretty well done, but it seemed like exactly what the show did not need at this point to revive its flagging fortunes.


As a shadetree mechanic myself, I was rolling my eyes at the team's attempts to revive the VW Bus. But whatever - it was funny. The Hurley flashbacks, on the contrary, were totally useless. They weren't funny and we didn't learn anything and why bother? Maybe someday "Lost" will be brave enough to do a flashback-free episode.


One thing I did like, at least I think I liked it, was Kate telling Rosseau that Alex was probably her kid. They played it like it was a revelation -- which of course, it's not to anyone with a double-digit IQ that's seen any of the last half-dozen episodes -- but still, at least one of the Losties managed to put 1 and 1 together without being beaten over the head with a shovel. It hasn't happened that often on this show.


Elsewhere on TV, I'm still a big Melinda Doolittle fan for this year's "Idol." Don't think that's going to change. I like the beatbox boy on the guy's side -- he's nearly as smart about his choices at Chris Sligh and I think he's more talented and obviously more pop idol material.


And "Friday Night Lights" was great again, but you don't watch, so I won't bother.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I LOVE FNL!! It's a pain that it's on at the same time as Jericho, but thanks to the DVR I can watch both ... after Real World Denver ...

chase

 
At 3:44 PM, March 01, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

RW: Denver? You must be on the clock to inflict that on your defenseless eyeballs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home