Monday, January 14, 2008

MIA: Laurie White

I go on one little ski trip and KVOR goes and shakes up their nest again. Laurie White is out as morning co-host. No word on why or who may replace her. I'll look into it...

UPDATE: Well, I've confirmed the obvious - that she's left the station, but still no details. There may be more changes at KVOR in the near future.

UPDATE: Got this message from Laurie White -

"Over my 11 years at KVOR I have worked with some amazing people and had the pleasure of getting to know so many of our incredible listeners. It was also my great honor to work with so many wonderful business, non-profit and community leaders".

"I'm taking this opportunity to start my own businesses -- Laurie White Events and Office Aunties -- and, starting with Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day, we're going to step up the level of fun a few notches here in the Springs"!

9 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, January 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this blurb about Laurie - I thought it was so weird that she was just "gone" without a word. She will be SO missed and was a breath of fresh air among some serious KVOR wind bags.

 
At 6:31 PM, January 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...She will be missed at the Mike Boyle Lunch Bunch events from now on...how sad!

 
At 12:54 PM, January 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed listening to Laurie White in the mornings. I was hoping she was on vacation and was sadden to read she is no longer with KVOR. Laurie will be tough to replace.

 
At 12:36 PM, January 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurie will be missed. She was a bright spot in my day. How can we get in touch with her about her new business

 
At 3:08 PM, February 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've switched to listening to KRDO-FM news in the morning. Laurie was great and really helped to balance out Jim especially when he would start to yell when he got excited about something. Yikes. I'll miss her and wish her all the best.

 
At 1:48 PM, February 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornings without listening to Laurie on KVOR are not the same. Laurie had one of the "all time" great radio voices. I miss her every morning

 
At 10:47 AM, March 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The station has shown a lack of class IMO. When Joe Micelli left, they had a long time to have the listeners bid him a proper good bye and appreciation. Lauire deserved the same if not better.

 
At 4:10 PM, September 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wha' happened? She was Our Miss Brooks, with her rye humor.

 
At 10:59 PM, January 06, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

laurie white was the best talk show host kvor ever had,if you ask me they should get rid of jim authur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home