Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mo mo

Ross and Mo in the Morning may just be Ross these days, but Mo is still a KILO believer and a homecoming queen - with a sharp elbow for KILO's new competition from KDZA. She sent me this after my earlier post:

"I was reading about the station in the paper and I noticed you mentioned that I was gone and you didn't know where I went. I've been gone from the morning show since April...nothing like everybody noticing I'm gone to boost the ol' ego...3 months later. lol

I decided to spend the summer with my kids. I have an 18 yr old daughter who is just about to fly the coop and I'd been at KILO for over 11 years, hadn't spent much time with her.

So I decided to take the summer off. The toughest decision I've ever made.

The KILO Morning Show was my dream job. Not as much a job but an event...everyday.

Although, from what I understand, Lewis and Floorshine are funny but Ross Ford, even all by himself, is the funniest man I have ever known...or listened to.

The ONLY regret I have about leaving KILO is that I don't sit next to Ross everyday and laugh my ass off...I really do miss that. I still listen and laugh but it isn't the same.

Also, with Ross Ford, you have the advantage of a local voice. Not a bunch of guys from another city who really don't know what's going on right here in Colorado Springs. I, personally, take a lot of pride in the fact that KILO has never dipped low enough to go the cheap way out and syndicate a morning show from somewhere far far away. They have stayed true to the original idea of radio...local news, weather, sports and local interest all the way around.

Sure, fiscally it may cost a bit more, but KILO has the local listeners interest in mind. In turn, KILO Listeners, the KILO Nation, are THE most dedicated and loyal listeners in the world. L! ong live the KILO Nation!

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, July 17, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KILO nation blah...blah...blah. Let the ratings drop begin. Thank you Bob Richards for giving Southern Colorado radio listeners a choice.

 
At 4:56 PM, July 26, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well..really, sorry to say that I think Andy is right..the local aspect of radio USED to be a big thing, but it really isn't as much anymore. Look at this market. KKFM:bob and tom (synicated) KVUU john jay and rich and ryan seacrest, both syndicated..KDZA lewis and floorwax .though out of Denver, syndicated.We used to have some big shows in this town the mark Brothers, CK and Lazor,
but those types are long gone. now we have mere shells of the those stations left..and just average morning shows left..no sad to say that i think a lot of people have moved on and realized a while back that the companies that own the stations now are making very little effort...just hoping to survive.

 
At 7:25 PM, August 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with ordinary blah local radio. As long as they report the local news and events and throw in a few jokes here and there and give away prizes, who cares if they are a big time radio name? Get over it already...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home