Sunday, February 05, 2006

GoDaddy dud

Did you hear GoDaddy.com submitted 14 versions of its Super Bowl commercial before they found one ABC would approve? The rejected versions (some are just storyboards) are on their Web site, naturally. And, in the interest of objective reporting, I checked it out. Total yawn, sadly. I'm sure they're getting some bidness off of the ersatz controversy, but I'd give them a lot more credit if their final product had been, you know, interesting. Hopefully the rest will have a little more imagination behind them.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean a nice pair of boobs doesn't get you all hot and bothered about domain name registration?

Yea, me neither. It's like GoDaddy went to sleep in 1980 and just woke up to the fact that you can use women's bodies to sell stuff. Sorry Bob we need something just a bit more clever than that.

I've transferred my domains off of GoDaddy. My wife and daughter are not amused by GoDaddy's ads.

 
At 2:33 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total yawn is right! Talk about a publicity stunt. That Go Daddy guy is a bigger boob that the pair she flaunts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home