Saturday, February 11, 2006

Opening ceremonies

The timing of that actually worked out just fine -- there was so much background and pre-game and build-up, I managed to watch the final four episodes of "Arrested Development" without missing more than a smidge of the ceremonies.

The U.S. uniforms were better than they usually are (remember those cowboy hats and dusters?). What was up with Italy's uniforms? I think that look was popular in the 1980s -- in Greenland.

I still have a soft spot for the 50-something athletes from some tropical country where they lived for 15 minutes who go simply because they can. They were all lugers this year, which I'm sure says something.

Must leave... battery fading... time running out...

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love Arrested Development, but the final four episodes seemed a bit disappointing. I felt they had an bit of desperation about them.

 
At 2:53 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

No kidding. Pretty decent ending, though. I kinda hope Showtime doesn't pick it up now. It would feel warmed-over.

 
At 4:08 PM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you watch the KOAA Olympic Zone segment with Rob, Lisa and Lee before the opening? It was pretty lame. I won't make that mistake again!

 
At 8:48 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

The O-Zone show is a combination of network-produced features and local intros and stuff, so there are some inherent limitations. It'll probably rise or fall based on the events of the day. I'm guessing it's a chance for both the network and the affiliates to sell a few more ads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home