Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Report from the reality front...




Gazette video game writer Terry Terrones goes where no man has gone before -- "The Bachelor: Paris."

Let's see what horrible secrets he's uncovered:

Andy, after last nights episode (which I'm certain you didn't watch), I couldn't resist.

I shamefully admit I sat through 2 hours of the "Bachelor Paris" last night. I watch every week and not because my wife makes me
or because I'm a hopeless romantic. Real romance has as much to do with "The Bachelor" series as real time keeping has to do with "24".

In the world of comedy there's stand-up, slapstick and my personal favorite - Unintentional Comedy. The "Bachelor" series reeks of it.

Last night was a perfect example as raven-haired actress Susan tried so hard to pretend like she was really interested in Travis. Maybe its just me but using trite cliches to describe her "feelings", the complete lack of emotion in her voice and the frequent glances to see where the cameras were gave her away.

Her Oscar winning moment came in the limousine ride after she was not given a rose in the
second to last rose ceremony. It was clear by the look on her face that she was not upset by being sent home, but she knew she had to act like it. Like all brilliant performers she produced the tears on cue. Probably by thinking about when one of her pets died, the time she received a rejection letter from Juilard, or when her foot got run over by a car.

This is why I watch reality TV.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

Or Bold and The Beautful. They need another Witch to Beat Up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home