Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Some non-TV book TV Talk

How about that? In between talking with readers distressed at the new TV magazine's size, I have managed to watch a little, you know, TV.

Thursday's "Survivor" -- We finally see the alliance break. I think. Whenever CBS sends out "Survivor" screeners, they always cut off the end of the Tribal Council. Those bastards.

Season finale of "How I Met Your Mother" -- The terrific comedy with the horrible name signs off with a typical episode: Several parts brilliant matched with several parts stupid. Nearly the entire cast of "Angel" (the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" spinoff) makes an appearance, which I got a real kick out of. Proving what a nerd I am.

"Elizabeth" -- Only seen the first part of the HBO miniseries that aired earlier in the week, but really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of the Cate Blanchett "Elizabeth," so it's fun to see a different (and more historically accurate) take on the same material. Helen Mirren doesn't match Blanchett's sly charm as the virgin queen, though.

"Scrubs" -- Not on tape, but live last night. Man that show's had a killer season.

Speaking of which, I was (again) working on the truck last night and so missed the "American Idol" opera week. I hear Daughtry walked away with it. I'll have to watch clips tonight.

And, oh yeah, the "Best of TV Funhouse" that's airing on Saturday. You either love Robert Smigel's cartoons or loathe them, but there's some kickin' satire in this special. And a pretty funny running gag about Jimmy Fallon. Anyway, it's better than a fresh episode of SNL.

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew said:

'Season finale of "How I Met Your Mother" -- The terrific comedy with the horrible name signs off with a typical episode: Several parts brilliant matched with several parts stupid. Nearly the entire cast of "Angel" (the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" spinoff) makes an appearance, which I got a real kick out of. Proving what a nerd I am.'

Great Cast, Dumb Show, and I was not impreseted with this show. Jumped the Shark with the first episode especially the "Met Your Aunt" part. CBS renewed this show but the audience is losing intrest and its filler between "King if Queens" and "Two and Half Men." The TV Audience is going to leave before "The Kids" (who have to listen to Bob Saget do his long T.M.I. story about meeting his mother) do. I am so sick and tired of CBS sitcoms.

'"Scrubs" -- Not on tape, but live last night. Man that show's had a killer season."'

I have to admit I started watching this show this season. If it does get truly canned since NBC has not said a thing yet. Sitcoms like Scrubs should be the kind of sitcoms that the networks should be looking into. Single Camera, sight gags, and No freaken LAUGH TRACK/CANNED HUMOR!!!

FOX had a hit in such in 'Malcom in the Middle' (which I personal did not care for). and NBC had a hit this year with "My Name is Earl." I am also hoping that The CW will take on "Everybody Hates Chris" which is funny has heck and in my mind better than Malcom. At least you see that the Rock's care about Chris and they push really hard and because of that he had to good to a school in which he is picked on. Malcom the mother is just a control freak for the sake of being one. I would rather see a Malcom Mother in a drama in which she is a B---- big time.

That's All

 
At 2:51 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

"Hates Chris" is a lock for renewal on the CW. Words is ABC will pick up "Scrubs" if NBC passes.

 
At 8:31 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

NBC will fight hard to keep Scrubs big time. It may produced by the Mouse but The Peacock will like to keep it off the Mouse/Alphabet Network.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home