Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Heroes" graphic novels

I'm trying to catch up with the graphic novels NBC created for "Heroes" on its Web site. And I can kvetch a little about what an asinine page design the half-wits at the network came up for this? I've spent 15 minutes trying to read the first two pages of the first one. It's just a graphic -- no flash animation, no video, no interactive stuff.

How in the hey did NBC manage to make loading a freakin' graphic this hard? This is why technical people should not be allowed to interact with the public -- I'm sure some geek in New Jersey thought this was a sweet way to set it up.

BTW, last night's episode was pretty good. I like how they made Petrocelli fly, I hated that all of the sudden, Hiro is speaking decent English and I'm bugged that I didn't see the stripper's baby-daddy -- creepy mind eraser connection coming.

"Studio 60," on the other hand, was funny. No, not intentionally. The first 30-35 minutes, I'm sitting there thinking that it's a pretty good episode. And then there's the scene in the comedy club with Matt and Simon. That just sucked. Nobody likes to be patronized -- just ask Tom's parents (Nate Corddry). And the thing with the blacklisted writer from the '50s was every bit as awful.

The slo-mo car crash is speeding up!

UPDATE: Eli makes a great point in comments -- creepy mind guy and stripper husband are different guys. As a bald guy, I know how we can all look the same... The fifth (and latest) graphic novel makes this clear -- it just took me two hours to load the darn thing.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, October 24, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

> I'm bugged that I didn't see the
> stripper's baby-daddy -- creepy
> mind eraser connection coming.

Bzzt! My buddy thought the same thing. But they're not the same guy. I rewound the show to verify it visually (they look similar but are NOT the same guy), but I also looked in the creds at IMDB. D.L. Hawkins (Stripper Girls hubby) is played by Leonard Roberts, and the Mystery Man (as he's listed in the creds) is played by Jimmy Jean-Louis. ;)

 
At 10:39 AM, October 24, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Oh, and BTW... you're right about one thing! Whoever designed the graphic novel interface at the NBC website needs to be shot. It could NOT possibly be more difficult to navigate if they tried to make it so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home