Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday night thoughts

I'm more of a college football fan, but watching everyone shivering up in Denver sort of underscores my belief that pro football is a sport best appreciated on TV.

Kind of NBC to schedule a repeat of "Heroes" tonight. Given that this show got a full-season pickup, I might as well try to stay current with it.

The Hummer commercial with the astronomer who sees the end-of-the-world asteroid and rushes out to trade in his little electric car for an H2? Hilarious. The H3 spots? Crappy. I've always thought Hummer's ad agency has come up with some of the best commercials of all time. - the go-kart race comes to mind, but also all the iPod trippy ones. I've also always thought that those ads must be targeting the group of consumers least likely to ever buy a Hummer. Am I right about this?

UPDATE: "Studio 60" tonight went completely off the rails. I bashed it in tomorrow's TV Talk and boy, I'm glad I did.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Uh, Andy... last night's HEROES episode wasn't a repeat. Sorry.

 
At 10:18 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

I was wondering about that. I've got so many DVD's on my desk, I don't know which episode I'm on.

Anyway, it was a repeat for me.

 
At 10:26 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Hehehe... lucky dawg! ;) How many episodes have you seen? Last night's was good! It's finally starting to pick up steam.

 
At 11:59 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger V said...

And thanks for the head's up on Studio 60 in your column - guess that means we need to watch some Tivo tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home