Friday, October 06, 2006

Dingdingding! We have a... err... winner


CBS has OFFICIALLY pulled "Smith."

Which means my glowing review of the star-studded crime caper was, officially, a waste of my time and yours.

And it means the winner of the Gazette's Dead Pool contest is... err... nobody. No one picked "Smith." Everyone went for "Men In Trees," "Happy Hour," or "Jericho" (plus a couple of votes for "Kidnapped").

However, I've still got a whole bunch of promotional junk on my desk - dioramas from TCM, a dog leash from Animal Planet, a football from the Weather Channel, a bunch of other stuff. Too weird to keep, too unusual to just throw away.

Give me an idea for an equitable method of determining a winner... and I'll probably just give the loot to you.

10 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger V said...

I say first few to leave a non-anon comment for it... That makes it easy! :)

 
At 3:32 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Warren Epstein said...

How about we wait for the next cancellation, and whoever guessed that one wins?

 
At 4:02 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

Does "V" count as a non-anonymous comment? I'm sure as heck not giving it to Warren...

 
At 11:17 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

Shark was the unexpected cancelation. I thought it would run for awhile.

I still say Men In Trees will be among the next to be canned. I would be floored if ABC remained commited to the show.

 
At 9:42 AM, October 07, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

You mean "Smith," don't you Don?
I think "Shark" is doing OK.

 
At 7:10 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

What about Vanished? I can't believe people are actually watching it. It moves so slow, the acting is bad, the writing is worse . . . I finally stopped torturing myself last week. I'm surprised that Smith got pulled first.

 
At 11:14 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

"You mean "Smith," don't you Don?
I think "Shark" is doing OK."

Yes and indeed CBS was concerned about two one title shows that began with the letter S.

I am a classic exsample of why CBS was so concerned.

 
At 12:33 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

Sarah - I gave a glowing review of "Smith," a positive review of "Kidnapped," and totally panned "Vanished."

And see where it got us? Critical praise is the kiss of death.

 
At 7:55 AM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about give the stuff to the person who can name the most UPN shows that were cancelled within the first season - which boils down to pretty much anything that aired on the netlet other than Moeasha, The Parkers and .... um .... well .... was there anything else?

 
At 12:04 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

>>Critical praise is the kiss of death.

Ah, that is so true. Any show promoted as "The Best Show You're Not Watching."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home