Friday, November 02, 2007

Office recap


I would do a whole Thursday night recap, but I was out drinking cheap beer and the DVR let me down on "Earl" for some reason (and I haven't added "Scrubs" to the DVR lineup yet and probably won't).

Quality office episode... Loved Rashida Jones. Loved Stanley. Loved the Finer Things Club. Loved the want-ad for "middle aged black man with sass... big butt.. bigger heart."

Tell me, though, fellow "Office" fans, the writers seem to be making a point in every episode of showing Jim to be, well, a d-bag in some way. Sometimes it was something small, like not reading "Angela's Ashes" this week, or stealing the pizza a couple weeks back, sometimes it's something bigger, like his overboard campaign against Dwight at the beginning of the season.

Which leads me to wonder: Are Jim and Pam destined to break up at the end of the season? Will they give Jim a chance to become a better man?

My hope was always that once they let Jim and Pam get together, they'd have fun with their relationship dynamics without breaking them up a la Ross and Rachel. Stuff like the Beets Motel episode. But that's not really the dynamic they're setting up.

Now, to play the Devil's advocate, too, they've certainly shown Jim's good side from time to time, too. Most notably, the "You might even say I love Italian food" scene.

What do y'all think?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Willow said...

Yeah, Jim has been irritating in some episodes. I hope that's not really the intention, because he's the most likable character (well, easiest to relate to, probably). I hope he and Pam don't break up just to add new drama to the show in the future, but I have a feeling that might happen. Happy relationships make boring TV, right? (At least that seems to be the normal way of things). I hope Jim stops being the occasional d-bag.

 
At 11:13 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Loved last nights episode. SO glad they cut back to 30 minutes though. An hour was... too much. With ya on the want ad line. Hilarious stuff!

Got me some catching up to do with Pushing Daises, which my wife has decided NOT to like. ;)

BTW, Andy... cheap beer? I'm saddened. Life is too short for cheap beer! ESPECIALLY when you live in a town with 4 fantastic craft breweries (Bristol, Phantom Canyon, Artic, Rock Bottom) and a slew of other world class beer from the #1 beer producing state in the country!!! FOR SHAME! ;)

 
At 12:23 PM, November 02, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

Yeah, yeah. I live up the street from Bristol and, believe me, they get plenty of my business. But some friends and I did the Incline last night and then stopped by the Royal to quench our thirst, and if you know the Royal, you know the choices are cheap and cheaper beer. FWIW, I think we were drinking Michelob Dark or something.

Straighten your wife out. "Pushing Daisies" is the girliest show I watch. Every woman should love it to death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home