Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pushing Daisies



Man, I can't believe they did it again. I was expecting at least one stinker of an episode sometime in the first batch, but last night's was another very sharp, very funny installment.

Best line - "You wouldn't need all that bait if your belly was full of fish." That had me howling.

The special effects have gotten cheesier with the budget cuts, but I think they're cheesy in a way that works with the show's feel. I don't feel cheated seeing Olive jockeying against a green screen. It's just funny.

Also:

No word yet this morning on the writer's strike, BTW. This was the last word from Variety: "Strike in limbo as contract expires."

I explain a little more about the strike in today's column. The issue is money - DVD residuals, stuff like that. It's going to be fascinating to see how it plays out, though. If it lasts awhile and the networks go all-reality, it could be the nail in the coffin of the writer's guild. Or, just as likely, the nail in the coffin of reality television. Whichever, it's likely to make for a bleak Christmas for TV fans.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home