Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Is it possible to get a football hangover?

'cause if it is, that's what I've got today. I watched all of the Badgers' game (heartbreaking), nearly all of the Michigan game (you have to say that the way Michigan turned around its season is a heck of an impressive coaching achievement, and a good note for Lloyd Carr to go out on), all of the Rose Bowl (disappointing) and, of course, the Sugar Bowl (hugely disappointing). I was really hoping to see a Boise State-type of game out of Hawaii, but instead, I went to bed at 9:30.

Still, that's 12-plus hours of pigskin, which is well over the FDA limit.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, January 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I STILL thought Wisconsin was gonna pull it off in the last few minutes of the game! Rose Bowl was a no brainer.

 
At 8:13 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger AndyW said...

If the Rose Bowl was a no-brainer, why'd USC have two losses this season? Admittedly, I enjoy rooting against USC, but they've certainly shown flaws this season. Anyway, Hawaii was the bigger disappointment - you could see it coming, but I thought Colt would manage to will his team into contention.

Poor Badgers, they were never really in rhythm.

 
At 9:53 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

I'm a big football fan, but I only watched about 15 minutes of college ball yesterday. I think it was the massive REAL LIFE hangover I had from partying downtown (at the Ritz, Phantom Canyon and watching the ball drop) the night before. Ugh.

Too bad the Falcon/Bear game was on a day I had to work. Got to watch the last few minutes though. Good game! AF put on a show for a while. Thought they were gonna get blown out with the 43 day layoff.

I already have NFL hangover. Even though we still have the playoffs. At least some of my TV shows are revving up again.

By the way, Happy New Year everyone!

 
At 12:48 PM, January 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Poor Badgers, they were never really in rhythm."
Apparently they didn't pass enough bodies up the stands at Camp Randall this year :-)
I meant is was a no-brainer that the losing Illini would uh, lose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home