Thursday, December 20, 2007

This should make me happy, but it's making me queasy instead

NEW YORK (AP) — “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and “TheColbert Report” will resume production on Jan. 7 without theirstriking writers, the Comedy Central network announced Thursday. Both late-night shows were shuttered after the Hollywood writersstrike began seven weeks ago.

I can see Leno and Conan and Letterman going writer-free - for better or for worse - but the Daily Show and Colbert are much more heavily scripted, much more dependent on staged interviews and sketches and, not coincidentally, much funnier.

As much as I want to hear Stewart dissect the Iowa caucuses, this just seems like a big, honkin' mistake.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, December 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it my eyes giving me out ??or is rachel welke and steph P of fox 21 getting along o.kay there.??? dont seem there getting along eye to eye with each other there on that week night there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home