Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm back

Sorry, I've been in computer training all week and haven't had more than a few moments to think about TV (aside from certain KOAA investigations, which I thought about a lot).

I can't decide which is my favorite comment on that story:

"drinkin n drivin aint aceptable but neither is nosin' around with camras like KOAA did without a verry verry good reason & so far I don't see one."

or

"I'm not saying that driving under the influence is not a big deal, but this whole story has a childish and shallow "gotcha" quality to it. This Gazette article also shows that, like actors, journalists' favorite topic of conversation is themselves."

- Bitchin' "Lost" last night, huh? Nice pace. I thought killing the doctor and the captain required more build-up, but aside from that I have no complaints. Really, I very rarely have complaints when Jack gets that little screen time. I thought the cabin was appropriately creepy, I liked that Desmond isn't stupid enough to get off the boat. Plus the return of Richard Alpert and Matthew Abbadon (BTW, according to various sites "The test Richard gave Kid Locke is the same test given to prospective Dalai Lamas."

- Not a great "Office," but the Pam and Jim stuff was really interesting. Are they setting Pam up to turn down Jim's proposal, or is she going to accept and then come to regret it as Jim becomes more Michael-like? It's still one of the most real relationships on television.

- "30 Rock," on the other hand, was great. Funny, but more than that, a little moving. Alec Baldwin did another acting master class just in that short scene where he's listening to Liz's voice mails without saying a word. Plus, bull semen. I'll never not find bull semen funny.

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, May 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back andy! LOST had rocked the past two weeks..i know you are not a big Jack fan..but that episode with kate and jack was the core of what LOST is about...also best line from 30ROCK last night:
matthew broderick(in a very funny desperate comic turn) "its not a leak...i'll show you the study".said more about FEMA in one line than anything else i have seen!

 
At 11:23 AM, May 09, 2008, Blogger V said...

Nice piece on reporting ethics.

I don't think that what was done by the KOAA reporters was unethical. This wasn't a case of entrapment - as far as I can tell...

 
At 6:26 PM, May 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Jarman is doing all of the on-screen work. Reward his work or we'll lose him to a larger market

 
At 6:46 PM, May 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go with option two - because I really like everything Eric Singer has to say.

"I'm not saying that driving under the influence is not a big deal, but this whole story has a childish and shallow "gotcha" quality to it. This Gazette article also shows that, like actors, journalists' favorite topic of conversation is themselves."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home