Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is staring at the TV an Olympic event?

Sorry, sorry. I haven't been blogging much. I've been busy with non-TV stuff at work and there was bupkus on the toob until the Olympics.

I was thinking about this last night: I've probably watched more high def TV in the last week than I have in the six months leading up to the Games.

I think the majority of my summertime TV viewing is cable channels, and I don't shell out for Dish's HD package, so even when I'm watching network programs, I usually don't bother to flip over to the HD OTA broadcast. But when I can park on 5&30 for an entire week and watch a bunch of stuff that looks great in HD, naturally I will. Although my wife was getting irritated last night that I wouldn't go back to Dish so we could record the end of the women's gymnastics and get some sleep.

Meanwhile, fall TV is now just a month away! Yay.

5 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, August 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second your vote for "TV Watching" as an Olympic event...

At least it is an Olympic event to get up the next morning after these thrilling late night team gymnastics battles in HD!

 
At 7:48 AM, August 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as great as the olympics have been (especially in HD) there is one amazing show i hope you are watching..amc's mad men....this second season is riveting so far..this show is every bit deserving of all the emmy attention! imagine quality tv --in the SUMMER that is not the awful reality dreck that has been offered up. miss mad men at your own peril!!

 
At 9:05 AM, August 14, 2008, Blogger AndyW said...

Mad Men is great, but I've been missing it more than hitting it. That show is just NOT summer fare. I think I'd be glued to every second if it aired in February.

 
At 5:04 PM, August 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy you have dish right ?

DVR buddy DVR repeat after me DVR set it to record all your Mad Men's and Generation Kill to boot...also i just saw the other night a promotional on a show called "True Blood" if the show is half as good as the promo piece ( a 60 minutes like show called In Focus)...could be awesome!!

 
At 8:59 AM, August 15, 2008, Blogger AndyW said...

I've seen the first two True Bloods. It's good. Not Sopranos good, but pretty close to Deadwood good. The first couple were weighed down with exposition, so we'll see what they can do with the story from there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home