Sunday, August 03, 2008

And the winner is...

Not Matt Locke.

Really. Really?

I'd call that a major-league upset, right? I mean, Matt was the frontrunner pretty well from the get-go. And, I'd argue, his New Orleans design was hella better than hers.

So what happened? Was Jennifer just more fan-friendly? More accessible? Did Matt not stand out enough personality-wise? Was it simply luck-of-the-draw? Did the snoring do him in?

I have no idea at all. But I'm a little sad I won't get to see what kind of show Matt would have come up with.

On the show itself...

Goodness gracious that was a drawn-out finale. And where the hey was Mikey V?

I think "Next Food Network Star" has a better schtick, where the winner's show premieres a week after the finale (Jennifer Bertrand's show won't show up until January). Of course, "Next Food Network Star" was taped back in like February, so they couldn't do the viewer voting thing.

6 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, August 03, 2008, Blogger springsguy111 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:14 PM, August 03, 2008, Blogger springsguy111 said...

Well, I don't know Matt Locke even though I'm from Colorado Springs, but he never came across as genuine to me. It seemed like he was always going for the 'sound bite' or trying to sound genuine. His designs were sometimes like something from a museum, rather than something real people could be comfortable living with in real life situations. Jen was always comfortable to watch and related well to others in a genuine way. I think she has a much warmer appeal than Matt. Matt seemed to always be condescending in his tone and attitude. Both are good designers, but I don't think I'd watch a show with Matt over Jen.

 
At 7:16 AM, August 04, 2008, Blogger AndyW said...

Fair enough - and the viewing and voting public out there seems to have agreed with you.

 
At 3:01 PM, August 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on the ratings, i doubt anyone really cares about this Andy, even with a local effect.

 
At 3:03 PM, August 04, 2008, Blogger AndyW said...

Really? I think they were doing in the three million range - not bad. I mean, not "SpongeBob SquarePants," but not bad.

Anyhoo - 1. It's local, so we'll talk about it here. And, 2. It's over now, so we won't talk about it any more.

 
At 12:23 PM, August 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Andy--don't get stung by the "nobody cares" comment..yes it is local but really anymore with web access, a million channels, youtube--"local" is whatever people are talking about..not just geographic allegiance....that said.Matt's run was worth chattin about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home