Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tony D back on 1300, 5-8 p.m.

I didn't get a chance to listen last night, but he's back on 1300, weeknights 5-8.

Also, what are people thinking of the new KRXP (103.9 FM)? I have yet to hear either Hootie or the Blowfish, so clearly I am incapable of rendering a final decision.

UPDATED UPDATE: In other radio news (are we still calling this TV Talk?), former KVOR morning host Laurie White is returning to the air on Friday with a new show on KKKK (1580 AM). It's apparently this radio shopping deal. I e-mailed Laurie asking how that's going to work- I'll let you know.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the new RXP is ok, but they seem to be playing the same old KVUU, PEAK and K-lite music. I believe they should focus more of the harder rock, album cuts that KILO does not seem to be playing anymore. I the old KILO was considered an AOR format, but now seems to be more of a modern rock format. If RXP could adopt an AOR format and maybe focus some on local/regional hard rock/metal I think it would take them alot farther than the pop music they are now playing.

 
At 1:34 PM, November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed. its too "poppy" ...this is a rock market as demonstrated by KILO's huge numbers and KKFM doing well also..the old eagle was getting there..but didn't have the on air horses to compete..to me Maroon 5 is not "the rock experience" when that song has been beaten into submission by kVUU the peak, magic...etc.. i wish that they would go more toward KBCO or WXRT or KFOG ...now those are "rock experience" stations...but that said..maybe they will adjust as they go..

 
At 5:29 AM, November 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also believe KRDO should drop its nightly sports programming, at least on the fm. Seems they could get some decent consumer advocate programming on instead like Bruce Williams or Tom Martino. Even simulcast fox news channel or the like. Seems one sports channel in town is quite enough, especially on fm. Seems like a waste of a decent fm signal the way it is now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home