Monday, October 30, 2006

Checking in

Busy finishing up reviews for the Rocky Mountain Women's Film Festival. I'll be back to TV soon. Tomorrow's TV Talk looks at the network maneuverings for November sweeps.

Meantime, the Arbitron ratings came out Thursday - the story is in tomorrow. KCCY still No. 1, KKFM No. 2 (No. 1 25-54). KATC debuts at 11th. KRDO AM-FM stuck at 13th, KVUU gets a big bump from the Peak going away, finishes third. The Beat beats Magic for the first time in a year or so. I dunno, my theme was that all of the changes that happened last summer didn't mean diddly for the ratings. At least, not yet.

If you didn't know, KKML "The Sports Animal" is switching to ESPN radio Jan. 1. Chris Kelly is actually leaving KBIQ altogether (she had planned to continue with Sunday Celebration). And I'm trying to track down Dave Moore for a Danish TV reporter, if you've seen him around...

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is it that fox 21 news cant get the tv anchors to talk straight on the air?? last night, steph p.couldnt speak to the tv cams there and j cole gave her his script. after a month now dont those people at fox 21 know what they are doing there . I dont want to bash fox 21 news, but baby.. ill go to watch news 2 @nine and/or read a great book. also the bus system here sucks. one storm every thing shuts down in a minute. goshh that stupid city of colorado springs for you..back in the dark ages..for a winter storm. thank god i have a front wheel car..colorado springs is BACKWARDS!!

 
At 11:35 AM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't we have ESPN radio earlier this year or last? I assumed they pulled it since Z560 up in Denver is s strong station coming into the Springs.

 
At 12:42 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Hey Anon... why you griping about the bus system when you have a car? Talk about BACKWARDS logic. Don't even get me started on the drivers in this state (oh ya, that's a blog topic coming soon)! As for the storm... I don't know where you were during it, but that was a BLIZZARD. Over 2 feet at my place.

But I do agree with you about Fox 21. I bashed them over in my blog. I like Steph and Joe, but man... their broadcast looks horrid.

 
At 6:36 PM, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be patient with fox 21. they fired up their own newscast in 60 days complete with all automation and my sources tell me one by one the bugs are being worked out and then they will roll out of their some new stuff. i agree with eli and his blog i still like steph and joe hands down over other anchors in town. it was one hell of a blizzard almost 2 feet at my place as well. sorry to say if youre looking for a great bus system colorado is not the place to live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home