Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Monday recap

I thought "Heroes" was pretty decent, although I saw all of the plot revelations coming a mile away (and I missed last week's episode). After all the build up, Sylar went down like he had a glass chin when he came up against HRG's crew. Hopefully, they have a plan to ratchet things up before the Christmas break -- I was expecting something a little more epic out of this ep.

Does anyone else have a take on what Sylar's powers really are?

"Studio 60" was less terrible than usual, although I couldn't bring myself to care about any of it. As much as I mock the Sorkin wish-fulfillment episodes, at least I sense that there's something human behind those. This one just seemed like a line-reading seminar. Dull.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

"Underwhelmed" is the general consensus from my friends who watch, including 300+ in my City of Heroes supergroup (it's a massive multiplayer online game kinda like World of Warcraft, but with superheroes instead of orcs). Not bad per say, just not worthy of the week long build up. Kind of a let down.

As for Sylar's powers... we know he has several. He appears to physically need the brains from other heroes in order to absorb their powers. Not like Peter, who only has those powers for a short time and when in close proximity to someone, but permanently. What he does with the brains (eats them?), who knows... but he needs them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home