Thursday, December 14, 2006

Catching up with the locals

I've been pretty remiss the last three or four weeks about keeping up with the new faces at the local stations - which is especially unfortunate since everyone's been on a hiring binge. I blame Sylvester Stallone, darn him all to heck!

Anyway, here are the highlights: KKTV/Channel 11 added Ashley Fielder about a month ago (I think I got McKenzie Martin and Rosie Barresi before that, didn't I?), KRDO/Channel 13 added Stephanie Wurtz and is losing Karla Schotts, who will become news director for their Grand Junction sister station after eight years with Pikes Peak Broadcasting. I think I had that they hired Anna Jensen a while back. And has KOAA hired anyone since Mark Hanrahan?

UPDATE: Yes they did. I'd forgotten about Abby Lane. I think that's the whole list.

One new wrinkle, KKTV general manager Charlie Peterson was promoted to regional vice president for Gray Communications, which means she'll oversee Gray's stations in Grand Junction, Waco, Texas, College Station, Texas and Sherman, Texas, in addition to running KK. Where in the world is Sherman, Texas, and why does it have its own TV stations?

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherman is north of Dallas near the OK border and maybe this means Charlie will be spending a lot of time in Texas :)))

 
At 1:41 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

I think her first job as VP is hiring a new GM for Waco, so there's a good chance you're right, at least in the short term.

 
At 7:04 AM, December 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad Gray didn't relocate her and bring in someone who actually knows how to run a TV station, or at least has the intestinal fortitude to own their mistakes. Stealing bandwidth from the bread and butter signal to put up "MyKKTV" has to be one of the biggest bonehead moves made in local TV in 2006. When are they going to truly commit to doing HDTV correctly instead of sinking moeny into a horrible alternative channel?

 
At 7:05 PM, December 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree . that "my kktv" just stunk. im sorry for that . but hey. its almost 2007. maybe the kktv engineers and adelphia oops .. comcast will get together and move that channel to its proper HD tier. Otherwise kxrm-tv 21 im watching it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home