Friday, December 08, 2006

More Adelphia fun

Even by Adelphia standards, this one was pretty good:

As regular readers know, I'm moving right now and contemplating my Internet and television options. A co-worker helpfully brought me an Adelphia mailer she had received with a promotion offering digital cable and cable Internet for $33 each for six months.

So I call Adelphia to check this out and, after getting hung up on twice, I get a bored customer service agent who at first doesn't know about the promotion and then tells me that the $33 each is on TOP of the regular $45 a month fee for basic cable.

I'm guessing the CSA was totally making that up, but I couldn't talk her out of it. Digital cable usually costs $12 more a month than standard cable, so paying $33 a month extra would be a really, really crappy deal.

Pretty comical. I think I may swing by the Adelphia office to see what they're telling real, live potential (although that's becoming highly dubious) customers.

As far as service goes, I'm leaning toward Dish Network and Qwest DSL.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy... will you be writing about your Adelphia experiences in the Gazette? They would just... well, you know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home