Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mailbag


In the box today, we have the new season of "Rome," which premieres Jan. 14. I love this series, but I majored in Roman history so I would. As a TV critic, however, I contend that HBO did a great job humanizing the history and that any soap opera fan could find something to like in the myriad intrigues of Caesar's Rome.
Is there anybody not enamored of legionary tactics and pre-Imperial political maneuverings that's found this show? I need a fellow fan to meet around the water cooler.

Also from HBO, "Friends of God," a new documentary by Alexandra Pelosi. Which includes, naturally Haggard and Dobson interviews. I'll take a peek and maybe try for a filmmaker interview.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger Christopher said...

Roman history? You must have gotten all the babes.

 
At 1:46 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger AndyW said...

You know it. History majors have all the good pickup lines: "Wanna come over to my place and leave Diogenes for Dionysus?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home