Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Spending a little quality time in customer service heck

I'm moving, so I've been calling around to compare prices from the different cable and satellite services. Which has pretty much sucked, not that I didn't expect it. Not to whine, but I am amazed by how difficult it is to get actual information from companies' Web sites. You'd think offering useful information on the Web would be a cost saver. Whatever.

Adelphia's customer service representatives knew nothing about the offer they just mailed out -- not surprising to anyone who has ever dealt with them. I suppose I could wait a couple weeks and deal with Comcast instead, but I'd hate to miss the "Ghost Hunters" season finale.

DirecTV couldn't help me, wasn't interested in offering me a deal and apparently isn't too keen on keeping me as a customer. Always remember that, Adelphia customers: One company's customer service is never so bad that some other large, impersonal company is not willing to match it endless voicemail menu for endless voicemail menu.

Oddly, Qwest was really helpful in offering me everything DirecTV wasn't (they re-sell DirecTV service).

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Yup. Adlephcast/Comdelphia has bad CSRs, and their entire system (from TV to cable modems) has never been as bad as it has been the last few months (surely due to the buyout), but... there's always worse.

DirecTV's customer service redefines suckage. They've been pompous ass' for some time now due to their NFL Sunday Ticket end all be all exclusivity. You can hear it in their adds. What's more, I used to work out at their satellite site.

Not only that, but I've actually gotten into verbal tirades with 4 different levels of their yahoo "management." Even had to threaten them with a lawsuit. Ya... nice folks to deal with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home