Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In the mail today


All of the "American Idol" happy meal toys. Yay! Actually, there's a microphone that looks like it's supposed to say "That was a little pitchy" when you press the button, but it doesn't. I find that very disappointing. I have been annoying my co-workers all day with the fake iPod that plays weird techno when you press the button.

Also, got the "My Name is Earl" season finale the other day. Surprisingly good. Very funny. "Earl" is one of those shows I always want to like, but its one-note premise just gets overshadowed by the complexity of "The Office" or the technical brilliance of "30 Rock." The season ends on an honest-to-goodness cliffhanger, too.

Also also, I never posted about "Heroes" return last night. I thought this was a solid episode. You know, "Heroes" is much less ambitious than "Lost," and more successful because of it. It just delivers good, solid comic book plot lines, just like the "Spider-Man" movies. No real surprises, no amazing acting (although Isaac finally got a couple good scenes before Sylar cut his head open). Just good, pulpy fun.

I predict "Heroes" fans will give their show a much longer leash than "Lost" fans simply because it doesn't promise what it can't deliver. That said, I'm betting the show's ratings drop off next season and it's done by season four. Every show wears out its premise eventually, and a serial superhero show just ain't gonna match "Law & Order."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

You've seen the Heroes - Zeroes parodies, right? If not, jog over to my blog... I literally just posted about them and included the videos).

 
At 2:32 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

Funny stuff. Check it out at:
http://elithemadman.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home