Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Idol

Really interesting "Idol" tonight, strategically speaking.

Not the performers, the producers.

Tell me they weren't setting up Melinda for the upset boot. Sticking her with the Ike and Tina Turner joint, which was both old and played to her worst instincts, while the other two got more modern songs. She's proven she can be good, if she's not allowed to play to her comfort zone.

I thought all three's first performances blew and the judges' praise must have been Fed-Exed in from Mars.

More importantly, I really think you saw tonight that Jordin is the only one of these three with genuine star potential.

Melinda, too old. She just has nothing new to bring. Not one thing.

Blake, too self indulgent. Well, that and using smart choices to cover up a limited range. Away from Idol, he could maybe come up with a one-hit wonder, but that boy isn't built for the long haul doing anything other than producing for someone else.

Speaking of Blake, I told someone at work the other day that Sir Mixalot was from Seattle -- it was in a conversation about hamburgers -- and they were just shocked. But there you go. My posse was always on Broadway. Gimmee a Deluxe and fries, baby. I got two bucks and expect some change.

Oh I miss that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, May 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right on Jordin, I think.

Blake I think will do something - Maybe a Clay Aiken-type of career.

And yes, Melinda is Taylor Hicks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home