Friday, May 11, 2007

More Lost

There was a lot to chew on in that episode. After studying the screen captures over on the Lost Easter Egg Blog, I'm convinced the shadowy figure shown was Locke (with a wig, apparently), but there was also a split-second image of an eye, and the eye looks like Desmond to me. Circles within circles, people.

Few other thoughts:
- Mikhail and the Others didn't seem to know anything about the chopper pilot, so her story seems to be true, rather than a ruse.
- I'm betting we don't see Locke again until next season. I think it will be beach action the rest of the way.
- As that implies, I'm also betting Locke is very much alive, despite being shot and lying in a mass grave.
- So what happened to Ben's little girlfriend? She's pretty clearly gone by the time he offs his father. Did he knock her up at some point and thus begin his obsession with fertility studies?
- Why does Dharma continue the food drops?
- Obviously, what's up with Richard not aging and the "Hostiles"? My guess, the Hostiles did a time warp and came back when Ben was older, hence the whole thing about "a lot of patience." Tricks with time are clearly a big part of what's going on on the island.
- Oh, and my prediction is that the ring of material around Jacob's hut is gunpowder. Don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, May 11, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

After studying the screen captures over on the Lost Easter Egg Blog...

There are some triiiiiipy theories floating around on that site!

I'm convinced the shadowy figure shown was Locke (with a wig, apparently)...

Man, I just don't know. Guess that's the really great thing about this show... as you said, "many circles" and just as many possible theories! I can see it being an ancient relative of Locke's. It would explain why that group was "waiting for him" and why the "Others" were all looking at him in reverence. Or it could be a descendant of Desmond. Or it could be either one of them jumping around in time. That would explain why Locke couldn't see Jacob (himself?) at first... if you believe the whole idea of time travel paradoxes and one body existing in the same space at the same time. ;)

... but there was also a split-second image of an eye, and the eye looks like Desmond to me.

WOOOO! Now I caught the image of Jacob, but never saw the eye. I rewound that thing 3-4 times too. Glad I kept it, I'll give it another spin tonight.

I'm also betting Locke is very much alive, despite being shot and lying in a mass grave.

Yup. We know he can heal at a supernatural rate (his legs for starters, but also the bite his dad gave him a few weeks ago).

So what happened to Ben's little girlfriend?

Good point. She's bound to have SOME impact later. Much like the whole Hurley finding the VW bus a few episodes back that EVERYONE (including you my friend) said was a waste of an episode. Funny how that bus Hurley found (and the dead body named Roger in it) turned out to be THE bus that Ben killed his poppy (Roger) in, eh? VERY interesting how everything connects, no? As Richard said... you just gotta be patient. ;)

She's pretty clearly gone by the time he offs his father.

She died in some significant manner that will come back to reveal something even bigger. No doubt.

Did he knock her up at some point and thus begin his obsession with fertility studies??

REALLY good theory! In fact, I whole heartedly buy into that. Because Ben killing his dad explains why he wanted Locke to kill his own father so badly.

Why does Dharma continue the food drops?

Hmmm... another good point. Does the mainland Dharma folks - SCREEECH. Wait a second. The episode where they show how Juliette came to them (in Portland, just like we saw the origin of Ben last night)... where we see Richard for the first time (I think). Wasn't that Dharma? Or was that Ben's "organization?" How many groups are we dealing with now? HAHAHA!

Obviously, what's up with Richard not aging and the "Hostiles"? My guess, the Hostiles did a time warp and came back when Ben was older, hence the whole thing about "a lot of patience." Tricks with time are clearly a big part of what's going on on the island.

Oh ya.. for sure. I suppose that's possible. But if Richard's people are the "original inhabitants" of the island, as they were described... who are they REALLY? Some thoughts on the Lost Easter Egg site mention the crew of the Black Rock slave ship. Thing is... the giant 4-toed statue and all the other megalithic structures on the island have to predate that pirate ship by a lot of time. Then again... with the time warping stuff, WHO KNOWS?!?!?!

Oh, and my prediction is that the ring of material around Jacob's hut is gunpowder. Don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure.

I'm not so certain. It COULD be, but it also could be a ring of protection made up of herbs and such. That is something ancient people's used to use to ward off evil - which was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. If the "original inhabitants" don't age or can teleport through time, who knows how old the "original inhabitants" really are. Plus it would jive with their dislike for technology.

Whatever the case... GREAT turnaround from earlier in the season. Lost is back baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home