Thursday, May 17, 2007

Idol


OK, I held off on posting "Idol" thoughts because "Lost" was so much more interesting.

I more or less predicted Melinda would walk at this stage, so there wasn't much suspense in seeing her walk. My wife and I were actually out and about and got home at 8:55 p.m. Perfect!
I don't know how I feel about it, though. I sort of respect that Melinda was true to herself instead of trying to squeeze into a pop star mold. On the other hand, she auditioned for "American Idol" -- she knew what she was getting into and if it wasn't what she wanted, she could have pursued a singing career some other way.

The downside is that this sets up the most boring final in "Idol" history. Jordin is going to squash Blake like a bug.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, May 18, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:28 AM, May 18, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooooze.

 
At 9:05 AM, May 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're wrong Andy - Much better to have the lifeforce than another geriatric Idol again (Taylor Hicks).

I like Melinda, but her career will mirror Taylor's. Gimme someone like Clarkson or Underwood, and I think Jordin, and even Blake for a brief moment (Clay Aiken style), will click with music fans.

And while I love McPhee's album cover (HEYO!), the music she put out ended up being too Magic Mix 99, or whatever that station is called.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home