I covered most of this in the story today, but a few extra "Extreme Makeover" thoughts:
- Favorite random crowd quote: "I got a picture of Ty's butt!"
- Where I parked: Kansas. Or possibly New Mexico, it was on the south side of the build.
- Best TV moment: Ty leading the family out and everyone acting all excited. Four times.
- Best TV moment that involved me: When my cell phone rang during take No. 2.
- Crowd's favorite designer. Ed, for some reason, even though Eduardo and Rib were there. They made Ed sign autographs for like an hour and a half.
If you get the chance, drive down there and take a look (take Powers south to Fontaine, head east, it's on the other side of Marksheffel). It's the very first house in what will eventually be a giant subdivision. Right now, it looks like aliens landed on the Moon in a ranch house with a two-car garage. It is, I will say, a nicer looking home than I expected based on the early descriptions. They used sort of a warm tan for the stucco, with some rough-hewn wood accents.