Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wednesday recap

First off, I really, really, really hope you watched "Pushing Daisies," because I'm sick of having my favorite new shows canceled every year. Seriously, watch it, DVR it, tape it, turn it on in the spare room and go do something else.

Secondly, I really, really, really hope you skipped the second episode of "Bionic Woman." Blow big, chunky chunks. All the Isaiah Washington scenes looked tacked on. The action scenes were terrible, the acting was terrible, the plot... I don't even know what the heck that was about. I wasn't a fan of the pilot (which drew 14 million viewers, BTW), but it was freakin' genius compared to that piece of garbage.

Thirdly - no really's here - still not loving "Dirty Sexy Money." I wasn't as big a fan of the pilot as a lot of people were. I thought Peter Krause was miscast and the rest of it was kind of an occasionally entertaining mish-mash. The follow-up was a heaping helping of more of the same. It wasn't terrible, but it was kind of all over the place - every Darling having their own plotlines in every episode is exhausting - and it's not as sharp as it ought to be.

I do love Donald Sutherland, just not anyone else here.

6 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, October 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy....got to agree with you on "pushing daisies"..very different...very original and quite entertaining--may be too weird though for the average tv viewer...let's hope abc gives it a chance...bailed on "bionic woman".. and even heroes is kinda
"ehhhh" so far...a case of the sophomore slumps??.."damages" has been maybe the most entertaining and compelling tv show of the season so far...

 
At 7:25 AM, October 04, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

I liked the second "Heroes" episode better than the premiere, but that show still has a lot of goodwill to earn back after that disastrous season finale.

It's a great-looking show, though, which always goes a long way with me. Speaking of which, "Pushing Daisies" in high-def? Pure magic.

 
At 7:28 AM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Damages ROCKS! Love the stuff FX pumps out.

Didn't watch anything last night... busy with family stuff. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the second episode of "Bionic Woman." After the rather lame first episode, I was hoping it would pick up steam - not backslide. Oh well, one less show I'll have to watch. ;)

Hopefully I can catch "Pushing Daisies" on an encore. Been hearing good things about this show.

 
At 7:41 AM, October 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damages is excellent!!

 
At 8:12 AM, October 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that the "bionic woman" is okay but i think it will go down for a lack of interest. i like to see a 60s remake of the rifleman(color) or some big westerns instead of some these so called fall tv shows thats coming on here. can the four tv networks can come together and make a least a decent shows??

 
At 5:42 AM, October 08, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Watched an encore presentation of "Pushing Daises" - GREAT show! Far and away the best of the "new" shows I've seen this season. Quirky, offbeat, hilarious. Hope this one sticks around longer then the other shows I thought were good (last season).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home