Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wednesday open thread, plus Yay Thursday!

Wednesday night is just about all new shows this year, so if you watched "Kid Nation," "Private Practice," "Dirty Sexy Money," "Back to You," "Kitchen Nightmares," "Bionic Woman," "Gossip Girl" or "Life," here's your chance to weigh in.

Plus, tonight is "The Office" season premiere! Yay.

To answer a couple of comments from the previous thread, I also thought "Bionic Woman" was lacking. Katee Sackhoff is just way more interesting than what's-her-face. I get bored every time she leaves the screen. The whole thing feels like a one-off cable show - it ought to have more fun, or at least have something to say (a la "Galactica").

I didn't see "Dr. Steve-O" but they sent out a promo reel. It looks, and I don't use this term lightly, evil. Anyone who watches it (who is not an actual, real 13-year-old boy) needs to grow the hell up.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, September 27, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

so if you watched "Kid Nation," "Private Practice," "Dirty Sexy Money,"

Nope, nope and nope. Stupid.
Rehash (are they going to have a "Black and Blue's Anatomy" soon?) and just plain lame.

"Back to You," "Kitchen Nightmares," "Bionic Woman,"

Due to craptacular Comcast DVR issues, I didn't get a chance to see this weeks "Back to You." Ditto with "Kitchen Nightmares" which wasn't wowing me anyway. And as we briefly talked about in the other thread, "Bionic Woman" is a giant - meh. Like you said, Katee Sackhoff steals the show, and it should be having more fun or do something. It's just - there. I really think it's the actress playing Jamie though. I really don't care for her one iota for some reason.

"Gossip Girl" or "Life,"

Nope. And only mildly intrigued with "Life" because I like the lead actor (his role in the "Band of Brother" series was fantastic).

Plus, tonight is "The Office" season premiere! Yay.

And it's an hour long! WOOHOO!

 
At 9:52 AM, September 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching The War but took time out to see Back to You for the second week. It is hilarious! And some of us have actually worked with people like them :-)

 
At 1:56 PM, September 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to see Fox' version of "Kitchen Nightmares" but was very disappointed with the result. The originals that my wife and I watch on BBC America are absolute gems -- the formula for the show is perfect and Ramsay is a tour de force! But Fox had to go and add narration, do complete kitchen makeovers, and add other stuff that takes the spotlight off the real star, Ramsay. We'll watch regardless, but I wish they would have left well enough alone and kept the show exactly as it was in England...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home