Friday, February 17, 2006

Extreme close-up

OK, mostly I think NBC is doing a good job covering the Olympics. The ratings haven't been there, but I can't blame the network for that.

One thing I do object to are these wacky extreme close-ups on the athletes. NBC was doing this over and over again last night during the men's figure skating finales. We're not talking about a nice tight shot here, we're talking about the face from chin to forehead filling the whole screen. It gives me the heebie-jeebies.

So that gives us at least one reason to be thankful KOAA didn't get high def in time for the Games.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can live without full-screen shots of ice skaters blowing / wiping their noses. I know they need to do it, but I don't want to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home