Monday, June 26, 2006

We'll be waiting a little longer to learn what will happen to the Peak

Afternoon update: Citadel operations manager Bobby Irwin said the company will unveil what its plans are for KRDO (95.1 FM) later this week. What was formerly "The Peak" has been simulcasting KSPZ (92.9 FM) and KKFM (98.1 FM) since Citadel took over the station from Pikes Peak Broadcasting on Sunday.

Irwin wouldn't say whether a format change was in the works or whether any of the Peak's deejays would be re-hired for the station.

"We are excited about the opportunity to make an impact on the marketplace," he said. "We think that we’ll be able to serve Colorado Springs in a way that it has it hasn’t been served before."

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been listening all day and love it! All music (good variety) with no commericials or inane DJ banter!

They should scrap whatever is in the works and keep doing this!!

 
At 9:08 AM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

Only trouble was that the program was a set up loop, and it was not random.

I don't think Irwin wants to "Jack" the station. That would conflict with Classic Hits KSPZ a bit.

 
At 10:47 AM, July 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the Peak, I enjoyed their Mixed Pop music. Please let me know what happened. My Email address is singaporelily@hotmail.com.
Thank you
Kathy
I hope to get the information on what happened to the Peak from you. please Email me at
singaporelily@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home