Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Off to My KKTV

I'm off to the My KKTV preview party. My KKTV is KK's new digital subchannel, which will feature programs from the myNetworkTV mini-network (beginning Sept. 5), two new newscasts from KK at 6:30 and 9 p.m. and some syndicated programming.

Digital subchannels are, as the name implies, subchannels you can pick up with an HDTV. KK's CBS stuff will be on the main channel, while My KKTV goes on the subchannel. Last I heard, KK hadn't gotten a deal with Comcast for the channel, but I'd expect it to be available on the digital tier even to people without HDTV's.

It's an interesting new wrinkle. KXRM/Channel 21 has a music video subchannel, The Tube, while KRDO just puts its regular programming on a subchannel, probably just as a placeholder until they figure out what they want to do with it. KOAA hasn't said, but I expect they'll put their WeatherFirstNow cable channel on a subchannel, once they get the bugs out of their HD broadcast.

I'll report back later.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, August 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck andy w.. would you bring me and my brother a coke or cookies when you come back.. also it terrible that people cant "afford" to go hi -def and not watch mykktv on a hi def tv set just to bring in those programs??good luck and take you time up there andy..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home