Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I hate the Internet

So on Monday, I watched all four bowl games. Mostly I was interested in the Wisconsin-Arkansas game, being a Badger by birth, but I was pretty sure Boise State-Oklahoma was going to be good, too. And it was... until that final minute. After the Oklahoma interception put them up 35-28, I was like, "I've got to go to bed." And, as even non-football fans now know, the final minute and following overtime was maybe the greatest ever in the history of college football bowl games.

I mean, it was so great, NPR did a story on it. NPR!

Yesterday, I tried to catch up by watching the highlights online, but I couldn't get them to load. Today, I got the Yahoo Sports version downloaded, which featured the crappiest camera angles ever and none - NONE - of the wild-ass plays that won BSU the game.

As anyone who read my story on online TV last month knows, Internet TV is not ready for primetime. This is just another example of how much it sucks.

And also an important reminder that: football > sleep.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also missed the incredible Fiesta Bowl finish. I, however, had a different online experience. I started at foxsports.com, which had the highlights broken into 6 pieces - 1Q, 2Q, 3Q, 4Q, OT, and wrap-up/marriage proposal. Of course, I only wanted to see 4Q and OT - neither clip disappointed. I hate that this comment reads like a foxsports.com ad, but it was pretty super.

 
At 2:15 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

Thanks Ethan, I did get that to work. The video quality is so bad, you can't even see the football on Zabransky's Statue of Liberty play... but I guess that's how Oklahoma felt, too.

 
At 7:41 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger V said...

We were in NYC - and stayed up to watch the Boise State finish... Something about rooting for the underdog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home