Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hey, that was a pretty good "Lost"


I actually enjoyed that. Juliet is cool, the Kate flashback was no dumber than any other and, although I saw the Hurley con coming the second he opened his mouth, it was still pretty funny.

It does make me wonder again, why is Jack the leader? He's a total putz. Like any sane person would blame Kate for anything she did. Jack's just a baby and the show is better when he's locked up offscreen.

Dull "Idol," though. We're stuck in the middle phase. It's not that Gina particularly deserved to go -- I thought it was Phil's turn -- she's clearly not going to be there at the end, so it doesn't make much difference what order they go in. I wasn't surprised at all that Sanjaya stuck around. I thought Phil was worse than him, at least entertainment-wise, and I expect he'll be around another two or three weeks (that's conditional on Sanjay ditching the peachfuzz 'stash, naturally).

And "Friday Night Lights" rocked. But you knew that. I hope they wrap things up well next week. The word on the street is the show will get renewed despite its lack of ratings, but those rumors are always wrong. So I'm not getting my hopes up.


UPDATE: Well, despite the fact I liked the episode, let me do a little "Lost" kvetching. Why did Kate trust Juliet for a second after Juliet all the sudden popped up with the key to the handcuffs? And am I to understand that Juliet dragged Kate in the jungle in a misguided attempt to win Kate's sympathy? And, again, why was Jack such a jerk? And is Locke the biggest a-hole on the island? And why were Jack and Sayid out cold for a full DAY after Kate and Juliet woke up?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, April 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday Night Lights keeps growing on me!

 
At 9:34 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

UPDATE: Why did Kate trust Juliet for a second after Juliet all the sudden popped up with the key to the handcuffs? And am I to understand that Juliet dragged Kate in the jungle in a misguided attempt to win Kate's sympathy? And, again, why was Jack such a jerk? And is Locke the biggest a-hole on the island? And why were Jack and Sayid out cold for a full DAY after Kate and Juliet woke up?

All good questions. My wife and I were talking about some of these very thing on the way to work this morning. It seems like some of these things are continuity errors, but man... I can't buy that the writers would let any through.

I thought the same thing about Jack and Sayid being out for so long. Only thing I can think of is, we never actually saw them get gassed, so who knows what they were knocked out with.(?)

I'm not sure if Kate believes anything Juliet said. Sayid sure doesn't, but Jack... moron. I liked the whole "I don't want to be the leader because I can't deal with my own issues" thread at first. Now, he's just a moron. I think he really did get hurt by seeing Sawyer and Kate together and he's using his interest in Juliet (they do make a good couple though) to get back at her. He's one messed up dude. All things considering though...

Intersting that Juliet planned that whole thing with Kate (although to what ends I'm not sure). She knew about the "black cloud that sounds like a dinosaur" thing though, and that it doesn't like the sonic wall. See how it literally tried getting through but couldn't? So if they didn't make it... who did? And what the hell is it exactly? Another intriguing piece... when Kate and Juliet were hiding in the trees why did it stop at Jules, as if it recognized her as one of "the others"? Almost looked like it was taking pictures of her (the flashes). Weird. Cool weird though.

Locke has - ahem - "lost" it. He's been a jerk for several episodes now. He wants to stay on that island if it kills him. But... what happened to his dad who was bound and gagged? And what does Ben have to show him?

What's more... where did all of the others go, and why?

This was a GOOD episode!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home