Friday, May 18, 2007

Best of...


If you didn't get through the paper this morning, the Gazette's annual Best Of section came out today.

You can find complete listings at our Web page, and you'll find the complete list of TV and radio winners in the City Life section.

But here's the quick rundown:

Radio personality - Tron Simpson, KCMN (1530 AM)
Readers' choice - Capt. Dan, KKLI (106.3 FM)

Radio station - KKPK (92.9 FM)
Readers' choice - KRCC (91.5 FM)

TV news station - KOAA/Channels 5&30
Readers' choice - KOAA

TV repoter - David Nancarrow, KKTV/Channel 11
Readers' choice - Tak Landrock, KRDO/Channel 13

TV anchor - Jon Karroll, KRDO/Channel 13
Readers' choice - Lisa Lyden, KOAA/Channels 5&30

Consumer reporter - Betty Sexton, KKTV/Channel 11

TV news hottie, male - Mark Hanrahan, KOAA/Channels 5&30
Readers' choice- Matt Meister, KRDO/Channel 13

TV news hottie, female - Christina Salvo, KXRM/Channel 21
Readers' choice - Georgiann Lymberopoulos, KOAA/Channels 5&30

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, May 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know radio in the Springs is pretty bad, but it has improved a bit recently, so see KRCC as the Readers Choice? To quote Gob Bluth... "C'mon!"

I guess it tells us the people who vote in the Gazette's Best Of are our liberal friends in Colorado Springs.

Andy, do you know if the Gazette allows voting for the Best Of to be done online? I'd love to vote that way, but I have a job, family and a big yard to deal with, so I don't have time to vote in the Best Of or watch the Daily Show. Not that I would do the latter anyway. ;)

 
At 10:44 AM, May 21, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Heck, I don't even remember ever seeing a ballot. And I read the Gazette (or at least parts of it) every single day.

 
At 12:13 PM, May 21, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

Yeah, it was all online voting this year.

Judging by the letters to the editor, I'd say the average Gazette reader is right of center, but that may not be a representative sample.

Anyway, this is the first time since I've been here that KRCC won readers' choice, so maybe it was luck of the draw.

Double anyway, don't just snark, TC, tell us your fave radio station and why. Our staff pick was KKPK. I think you could make an argument for KILO or KATC, too.

 
At 2:33 PM, May 21, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

My fave radio station depends on what time of day I'm listening.

Morning Drive: KKFM because they have the Bob & Tom Show (KKFM's Chuck - we call him Chuckles - Squire is funny too).

Any other time: KILO RAAAAWKZ! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home