Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer's best

As the back-to-school ads in yesterday's newspaper portend, summer is coming to an end. A couple months back, I wrote about the quality of summer cable TV and I'll be doing a winners and losers recap this Thursday in the TV column.

"Damages," "Saving Grace," "Flight of the Conchords," a resurgent "Big Love"... those would be my winners. Plus maybe "Rock of Love" and "Scott Baio is 45 and single" on the reality side of the ledger.

"John from Cincinnati," "The Company," the duller-than-dirt "Entourage" ... those are the losers in my book.

But tell me what you think. What did you watch this summer, what did you turn your nose up at?

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, August 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy...with ya on most...but saving grace in my book is a big disappointment! the cast is really good..but the writing has lacked the reach of the grasp ..incredibly
formulaic police procedural in the midst of an of a spiritual crisis(the angel by leon rippy is a nice bonus) is an odd mix--and it doesn't quite connect the dots.

 
At 11:11 PM, August 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damages and The Closer are excellent!
I didn't think I would like The Company, but I am hooked.

 
At 8:13 AM, August 14, 2007, Blogger AndyW said...

I wonder if I should add "Army Wives" and "Burn Notice" to the list. I haven't been following either very much, but they've certainly been successful.

 
At 12:48 PM, August 14, 2007, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Damages = amazing. FX has it going on, what with The Shield, Rescue Me, The Riches (which I haven't seen but heard great things about), and now Damages. I know, I left out Nip/Tuck but have never watched, and really don't care to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home