Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Striking out

In tomorrow's TV Talk, I argue that the writers' strike should be over and done with by Oscar time.

I wrote the column yesterday, but a couple news items from today only buttress my argument.

1 - Writers drop some of their demands to unionize reality show writers (maybe the cognitive dissonance was too much for them.

2 - And the writers said they won't picket the Grammys, although they're still not officially giving the ceremony a waiver.

Good news all around, at least if the studios cough up a little more on their end, too.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, January 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good news for sure..did you catch the colbert report last night? brilant stuff with andrew young and the harlem choir singing "let my people go"...it will be good to get things FAIR for the writers and then get back to work!

 
At 2:27 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Frankly... I don't much care anymore. I've become as ambivalent about TV as I was when the baseball players went on strike. It took me 2 years to get over that. And I'm a die-hard baseball purist.

In this case however, the TV industry pulls the plug on new shows far too often for me to ever want to invest any time in them ever again. None of the shows I did watch prior to the strike will make it back, and they want me to actually watch the dreck (Knight Rider... KNIGHT RIDER!) coming out in the future?

I have better things to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home