Monday, June 30, 2008

Reality recap

Interesting Sunday night for our local reality stars.

Shane had a heck of a week on "Next Food Network Star" - maybe even taking over the favorite slot. I know I said Adam was the favorite last week, but I burn toast, don't trust my cooking acumen.

Once he got to pick the beef wellington, it was all over. It was a dish right up his alley, plus something that could be scaled down fairly easily. You could tell they were really stretching to pick out some negative comments from the judge's table.

Meanwhile, over on "Design Star," Matt Locke falls from grace. Although I gotta say, that thing he produced looked a lot better than it had any right to:That's supposed to be an abstract of a Buddhist temple, by the way. If he had been able to incorporate some parchment and bamboo, maybe it all would have worked. Or crossed the line into absolute hideousness. And not that Michael didn't deserve to go, but Tracee's thing was clearly worse. I mean, for a high school musical, it was a top-notch effort, but as a professional product? Come on.

You could tell they were foreshadowing with Michael the whole show. Actually, his room looked better than I thought it would, but it was a conceptual trainwreck. It's like he's never watched HGTV before. I mean, really, just because he knows what an upscale Spanish nightclub really looks like doesn't mean that's an acceptable design for the show.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, June 30, 2008, Blogger David Dust said...

The teacher who oversaw my high school musical would NOT have been amused with Tracee's Cruella Deville boudoir.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Design Star recap.

:)

 
At 7:21 PM, July 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out shane's new cooking website dinetolive.com. It has info about his food and how you can have a personal cooking lesson with him for a very reasonable price. I tried it and it was a great experience

 
At 9:50 PM, July 01, 2008, Blogger LadyBronco said...

Matt's abstract temple (?) still looked better than Tracee's cartoon room.

I can't stand her.
She needs to go, pronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home