Sunday, July 06, 2008

Reality recap... the Shane is down... the Shane is down

This is funny, because my wife and I had dinner at the Blue Star tonight. We were there pretty early and were the only ones in the restaurant. Shane popped out of the kitchen to grab a glass of water or something and came over to say hey. And I was like, we need to catch up when your time on the show is done. And he's "When I get 86'ed? When I get the axe?"

I'd say I jinxed him, if I didn't know this episode was filmed five months ago.

I'm not surprised it was his turn tonight. He obviously had a hard time relating to the kid, and the judges were right that he was a little clinical on the set. I thought maybe he'd sneak through because they liked his food quite a bit.

The bigger reason I thought he'd skate is because Lisa was so freakin' terrible. I mean really, no one is going to want to watch a show starring her. Come on, no one would even be willing to work on a show starring her. But they put her through before Kesley or Shane? Please.

Anyway, that's it for our boy. He said he'd be the Blue Star until Aug. 4, then he's headed to New York to work at a.... French restaurant. Whose name I've forgotten. I'll get it in the paper sometime this week, promise.

The wait staff, by the way, were giving Shane crap: "Oooh, is that Shane Lyons?" And then, as we were leaving, he was called out to meet and greet a table of fans.

Apparently, he's got a pretty sizeable fan base. We were at the Blue Star wine tasting on Wednesday night, Shane's night off, and a couple of the women at the table were asking about him. I regaled them with Shane trivia, most likely coming across as a super creepy stalker

....meanwhile over on Design Star, we had a perfectly forgettable episode. All I can say is that I thought that faux finish behind the bar in the winning room was crap. And I can't begin to understand the pact of silence among Matt and the crew. Come on, just be honest. That doesn't require being a jerk, does it?

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, July 07, 2008, Blogger David Dust said...

Design Star WAS pretty forgettable last night.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Design Star recap.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home