Friday, February 17, 2006

Grrr...

I called DirecTV the other day to see about adding another TV to my account. Just wanted to see what it would cost, what equipment I'd need. Today I get an automated call saying they'll install the upgrades tomorrow -- which I never agreed to or even asked for. So I have to spend 10 minutes on hold to cancel an appointment I didn't want.

Being the TV guy, I hear a lot of complaints about Adelphia. A lot. So consider this a reminder that nobody's perfect. And I think it's generally true that any time a call center is involved, bad things will happen.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Direct TV customer service call center leave a lot to be desire. In other words, THEY SUCK!!, my advice unless, you really need to talk to a "human" use their website, most if not all questions are answer (You can also order thing online - no humans involved, no problem). I don't own direct tv but am a subscriber who has had a few run ins with their call center.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home