Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Odd weekend

My wife and I went to Crested Butte for the weekend. Unbeknownst to me, our hotel room came sans television. After spending so many hours watching the Olympics (along with my usual slate of favorites), going cold turkey for a weekend was a little jarring. Let me know if I missed anything good...

By the way, this morning's column on the poor Olympic ratings has drawn a big response. Some leading theories from readers: the U.S. isn't winning, so no one's watching; the Olympics are complete overkill and no one can watch that much TV; the events are cut up into little pieces, sapping the drama; too many commercials; and KOAA isn't broadcasting the Games in high definition.

Weigh in with your theory, too. Meanwhile, we'll see if women's ice skating can rescue NBC's ratings.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the world we live in today, information is right at our finger tips. With Italy 6-hours ahead of the East Coast, and 8-hours ahead of us, it's easy to get the results long before NBC airs their Olympic coverage. As for KOAA not airing in HD, that really doesn't have any affect on the national numbers.

 
At 11:28 AM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading news sites such as the Washington Post or NY Times, I find out that our athletes didn't get any medals, so don't want to watch their defeat later on NBC. On the other hand I watched one late night competition to see how the U.S. athlete won.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home